National Nutrition Month – Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day

Hello!  I’ve been suuuuper busy lately with internship stuff – but I will have some free time this weekend, so you can be sure that more recipe posts are coming!

This month (although it is almost over – where did March go???) is National Nutrition Month!  This year’s theme is “Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day.”  Catchy, huh?  But what does that even mean?  Obviously it’s going to mean different things to different. people.  To me, eating right every day, means following the 80/20 rule.

I try to eat well (ie lots of fruits and veggies, lean protein, whole grains, etc) about 80% of the time. The other 20% I indulge  a little 😉    Now, obviously I don’t keep track of everything I eat during the day and calculate out the percentages of what’s healthy and what’s not. It’s just a good general rule of thumb to keep in the back of your mind.  In my opinion, you can’t be perfect all the time. If you try to eat super super healthy every minute of every day and never allow yourself to indulge in something solely because you love the taste of it, then you’re going to burn out.  You’re going to get undeniable cravings and eventually give in, and probably overindulge to the point that you might even feel sick.  That’s no way to live.  You have to enjoy your food – enjoy the taste and enjoy the way it makes you feel – how it fuels your body.  By eating well most the time and indulging in those sweet or rich dishes that you love every now and then, you can find a happy, healthy balance.  That’s how I try to Eat Right, My Way, Every Day.

Oh, and Luna says hello!!!  She is looking forward to some Spring weather 🙂

IMG_0958

Advertisements

2 thoughts on “National Nutrition Month – Eat Right, Your Way, Every Day

  1. I’m also a big fan of the 80/20 thing, though I might be a little closer to 70/30 some days. Eh. I did want to let you know that I’m hosting a link party on my blog to celebrate the end of NNM, so if you want to stop by and use the little link-up tool to share one of the delicious, healthy foods you’ve made/eaten over the past month that’d be awesome! You could even share the link to this post if you wanted. The link to the link party is here: http://bit.ly/YCpeHq

    • Wow, I’ve never even heard of a link party before – awesome! I posted some links on your page. Thank you so much for inviting me to the party! I’ll post that link to your page in my next post (coming over the next three days…)

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s