Tomorrow is Valentine’s Day, and I have just the perfect way for you to celebrate it – whether it’s on your own, with your significant other, or with those crazy friends you just couldn’t live without (I’ve spent many a Valentine’s Day with said friends 😉 ). Today’s recipe is not healthy, however, it’s a day of indulgence. It just wouldn’t be Valentine’s Day without chocolate, right? Everything in moderation after all. So go on, splurge a little. And enjoy every decadent second. Behold:
I saw this idea on Pinterest, and thought to myself, what better time to try it? Here’s how it went down…
1 can of crescent rolls
1. Preheat the oven to 375.
2. Open the can, and carefully pull out the dough. Since the dough comes already perforated in triangle shapes, you need to be a little creative since we need it in squares. How I found it easiest, was to carefully unwrap the dough so that two pieces next to each other didn’t totally break apart. Then I laid it on a cutting board and using my fingers (and at times a rolling pin) I carefully pinched the seems together to make one longer rectangular piece of dough. Then I used a butter knife and sliced the rectangle in half, giving me two square pieces. You will do this four times per can.
3. In each square, place a dollop of Nutella (about a heaping teaspoon). Then carefully fold the dough in half over the Nutella. I did mine in a triangle, and then sort of tucked the ends in like you would if you were making fortune cookies. But really it doesn’t matter how you fold it over. Taste is what matters here, not so much looks. After all, it’s what’s on the inside that counts right? And guess what, inside these pillows is Nutella – Win.
4. Spray a baking sheet with non stick spray and place pillows on the sheet. Then spray the tops of the dough pillows.
5. Shake on the cinnamon sugar.
6. Bake in the preheated oven for about 11 minutes.
This picture was taken with a pillow that had cooled a little too much, so you can see the Nutella starting to harden up a bit. Here’s one that was more “fresh out o’ the oven”…
These seriously could not have been easier. Well, that’s a lie. It would’ve been easier if Pillsbury made their roll dough in squares to begin with. But hey, I made it work.
Since it’s Valentine’s Day (tomorrow), I’m asking you all to “bee mine” – and subscribe to the email updates by entering your email address and clicking the “follow” button in the upper right part of the screen. That way you’ll never miss a post!
In all seriousness though, for those of you who visit the blog – thank you. It makes me so happy when people comment on a recipe I post, or when I get a new follower. You readers are the best!
Happy Valentine’s Day!