As of late I am LOVING Pinterest. Such a fantastic way to waste time. I’m always checking out the new pins for food, and recently I have been seeing zucchini chips everywhere. I also kept seeing a low-fat, homemade ranch dressing recipe, so I figured I would put the two of them together and make a fun snack on Saturday night.
These were very easy to make, but the chips required a lot of time in the oven cause you bake them at a low temp for a loooooonnng time. Or maybe I’m just impatient – very possible.
3 small (or 2 larger) zucchinis
Olive oil spray (or something like PAM)
1 cup, no-fat, plain, Greek yogurt
1 packet Hidden Valley Ranch Mix
1/2 cup low fat milk
1. Preheat oven to 225 degrees F.
2. Slice the ends off the zucchini and then thinly slice each zucchini into pieces about the width of a quarter.
3. Line a baking sheet (or two) with aluminum foil. Spray foil with non-stick spray.
4. Line the zucchini slices on the baking sheets in a single layer. Spray these with oil spray (or pam), and then sprinkle lightly with kosher salt. Go easy on the salt cause the zucchini really shrinks down so you can easily end up with way too much salt if you’re not careful.
5. Bake for 45 minutes, then rotate trays and continue baking for at least 30 minutes. Then, check on chips and if need be (I needed to) turn up the oven to about 275 and continue baking 15 minutes or so until chips get browned and crispy.
For the Ranch Sauce:
1. Mix all ingredients together in a bowl and whisk until well incorporated. Store in the fridge for at least an hour before use. It’s that easy.
Then, all that’s left to do is to dip and enjoy 🙂